J B has always had a love of writing. She followed that passion to the University of Illinois where she graduated with a degree from the College of Communications. She pursued a career in advertising, a field that provided an outlet to express her creativity. She’s also a wife, mom, marketer, referee, short-order cook, maid, chocoholic, shopaholic, and multitasker extraordinaire. J B believes in writing books with relatable characters, dramatic happy endings, and that a daily dose of chocolate is one of life’s necessities.
And just for fun, here’s 10 facts from J B to help you get to know her better.
- I’m only 4’ 11” tall. My husband is a foot taller than me. I don’t notice it unless I look at photos or see our reflection. We look ridiculous.
- I studied abroad in London for a summer when I was in college. I worked for a Member of Parliament and at my going away party he said, “For such a little lady you sure have a deep voice.” Just what every girl wants to hear!
- If I could only eat one food for every meal it would be fresh-baked chocolate chip cookies, slightly underdone.
- Once Upon a Time is fittingly my favorite show.
- I can’t stand when people crack any body part—back, neck, knuckles, you name it. It gives me the heebie jeebies just thinking about it.
- My happy song is “Walking on Sunshine” by Katrina & the Waves. Hearing it makes me want to break out in dance.
- I can’t wake up on a 0 or 5. I prefer to set my alarm to odd times like 7:03.
- I don’t drink coffee or any caffeinated beverages. Not on purpose—I just can’t stand the taste. Needless to say I’m often tired.
- I have a huge fear of blood and needles. Oddly enough I watch Grey’s Anatomy.
- I’m the middle child but like to think I’m the sanest of my siblings. I’ll find out soon enough if my brother or sister read this.
- I hold on to things for a LONG time. Mainly because I’m a creature of habit, and if it ain’t broke why fix it? My friend recently made fun of me because I still carry my kids’ gear in a diaper bag. My youngest is six. And I still use the caboodle that I got for high school graduation. They don’t make ‘em like they used to!
I know I said I was going to share 10 things. But 11 is my favorite number. I guess that makes 12.