I’ve always had a love of writing. I followed that passion to the University of Illinois, where I graduated with a degree from the College of Communications. I pursued a career in advertising, a field that provided an outlet to express my creativity. I’m also a wife, mom, marketer, referee, short-order cook, maid, chocoholic, shopaholic, and multitasker extraordinaire. You can find me in most of the usual places—I’d love to hear from you!
And just for fun, here’s 10 facts to help you get to know me better.
- I’m only 4’ 11” tall. My husband is a foot taller than me. I don’t notice it unless I look at photos or see our reflection. We look ridiculous.
- I studied abroad in London for a summer when I was in college. I worked for a Member of Parliament and at my going away party he said, “For such a little lady you sure have a deep voice.” Just what every girl wants to hear!
- If I could only eat one food for every meal it would be fresh-baked chocolate chip cookies, slightly underdone.
- Once Upon a Time is fittingly my favorite show.
- I can’t stand when people crack any body part—back, neck, knuckles, you name it. It gives me the heebie jeebies just thinking about it.
- My happy song is “Walking on Sunshine” by Katrina & the Waves. Hearing it makes me want to break out in dance.
- I can’t wake up on a 0 or 5. I prefer to set my alarm to odd times like 7:03.
- I don’t drink coffee or any caffeinated beverages. Not on purpose—I just can’t stand the taste. Needless to say I’m often tired.
- I have a huge fear of blood and needles. Oddly enough I watch Grey’s Anatomy.
- I’m the middle child but like to think I’m the sanest of my siblings. I’ll find out soon enough if my brother or sister read this.
- I hold on to things for a LONG time. Mainly because I’m a creature of habit, and if it ain’t broke why fix it? My friend recently made fun of me because I still carry my kids’ gear in a diaper bag. My youngest is six. And I still use the caboodle that I got for high school graduation. They don’t make ‘em like they used to!
I know I said I was going to share 10 things. But 11 is my favorite number. I guess that makes 12.